Working With Beveled Fonts
The New Edoras Group from Signfonts.com- The first of
its kind four part Beveled Font to create special effects dimensional lettering.
Use layered vinyl in two, three, or four colors. Create stunning dimensional
effects for Large Format Digital Printing using Fountain Fills.
Remember that the Edoras Chisel works ONLY as
a two part font with Edoras Regular and is not meant to be used
in conjunction with any of the bevels. For information
on using Chiseled fonts see the tutorial, Working
With Chisel Fonts.
THERE ARE SOME KNOWN ISSUES WITH MULTI
PART CHISEL FONTS AND SOME SIGN SOFTWARE. This is not just an issue with
Signfont Chisels, but with all Multipart Fonts. Signmakers using Signlab or Cassmate/Inspire may have problems
with multipart fonts matching up correctly. However, if you design in another
program such as CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator, simply convert all fonts
to curve before importing.
1. Using the Base Font, Edoras Regular, type in the word of phrase to
be used in your graphics.
If you are going to make alterations such as kerning, stretching or
skewing, do it now. Keep stretching and skewing to a minimum.
2. Make four copies and select all. Using the Align and Distribute tool,
center horizontally and vertically.
3. Now all four copies are stacked and perfectly aligned.
If you are using CorelDraw you may select the first copy and hit the
+ three times.
4. Select the top copy and change it to Edoras Bevel 1. You will not
see the font until you change the color. Start with white or a very light
shade to indicate a highlight.
5. Select the next copy and change it to Edoras Bevel 2, then change
the color for your shaded bevel.
6. Change the next copy to Edoras Face. Change the color and you now
have 4 fonts stacked to create beautiful beveled effects. For stacking
vinyl, registration is made easier with clear application tape.
Use your Fountain Fill Tool to create even more striking effects
with Beveled fonts.